As a relatively ‘new comer’ to the blogging world, it was a feather in my cap to have been nominated by http://sparkyleegeek.wordpress.com for the Shine On Award. I started this blog with the purpose of voicing my concerns and opinions of animal welfare in South Africa. It is wonderful to know that my blog is reaching people and I am able to be the voice for those that cannot speak. Reading through the various blogs it is encouraging to know that there are others speaking for our four legged friends. So to http://sparkyleegeek.wordpress.com thank you for your nomination!
The Rules for the Shine On Award are listed below:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award requirements.
7 Things About Jess
- If you haven’t already noticed, I am an avid animal lover. I have been volunteering for various animal charities from the age of 12yrs.
- The 16th May 2013 marked my 2yr anniversary in my dream job – Communications & Events Coordinator at the Animal Rescue Organisation in Cape Town.
- I have a cross breed ‘pavement special’ rescue dog – Thumbelina – who is my pride and joy!
- I love to dance. Although i’m not a professional, I still know how to have a good time!
- I grew up on a smallholding. I had an array of animals, from guinea pigs and rabbits to donkeys and sheep.
- I am an adrenaline junky. Anything that the average person would think of as mad, I am game for!
- I love to bake. It is a great stress relief for me, nothing like the smell of biscuits in the oven! or baking the cake AND eating it.
My Nominees are:
Rumpy Dog http://rumpydog.com
Dog with the blog! http://calvy.wordpress.com/
Animals Deserve to Live http://animalsdeservetolive.com/
First Steps http://jolliffe01.wordpress.com/
Pause For Tails http://helenwoodwardanimalcenter.wordpress.com/
Cool To Be Kind To Animalshttp://cooltobekindtoanimals.wordpress.com/
Purrs Full of Love http://www.purrsfulloflove.com/
The Best Friends Blog http://blogs.bestfriends.org/
Pets News and Views http://petnewsandviews.com/
Save the Pit Bull, Save the World http://www.underdogged.net/
Savannah’s Paw Tracks http://savannahspawtracks.com/tag/blog-for-animal-welfare/
Animal Welfare Guardian http://animalwelfareguardian.com/
The Canine Companion http://thecaninecompanion.wordpress.com/
Rescue Dog Blog http://getarescuedog.blogspot.com/
In ending, thank you once again to The Canine Companion and Sparkyleegeek for the nomination. Continue to be the voice for those that cannot speak and together we can be the change we want to see.
Lots of tail wags and purrs